CITY OF LOMA LINDA
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF AUGUST 25, 2009
A regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Loma Linda is scheduled to be held Tuesday, August 25, 2009 in the City Council Chamber, 25541 Barton Road, Loma Linda, California. Pursuant to Municipal Code Section 2.08.010, study session or closed session items may begin at 5:30 p.m. or as soon thereafter as possible. The public meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
Reports and Documents relating to each agenda item are on file in the Office of the City Clerk and are available for public inspection during normal business hours. The Loma Linda Branch Library is also provided an agenda packet for your convenience. The agenda and reports are also located on the City’s Website at www.lomalinda-ca.gov.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 25541 Barton Road, Loma Linda, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.lomalinda-ca.gov subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Persons wishing to speak on an agenda item are asked to complete an information card and present it to the City Clerk prior to consideration of the item. When the item is to be considered, the Chair will recognize you and you may offer your comments. The City Council meeting is recorded to assist in the preparation of the Minutes, and you are therefore asked to give your name and address prior to offering testimony.
The Oral Reports/Public Participation portion of the agenda pertains to items NOT on the agenda and is limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker. Pursuant to the Brown Act, no action may be taken by the City Council at this time; however, the City Council may refer your comments/concerns to staff or request that the item be placed on a future agenda.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at (909) 799-2819. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible.
Agenda item requests for the SEPTEMBER 8, 2009 meeting must be submitted in writing to the City Clerk no later than NOON, MONDAY, AUGUST 24, 2009
A. Call To Order
B. Roll Call
C. Closed Session (5:30 p.m.)
1. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation (Government Code Section 354956.9(a) – Save Loma Linda vs. City and City Council, Case No. SCVSS 141170
2. Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation (Government Code Section 354956.9(a) - Universal Self Storage vs. City of Loma Linda - Case No. CVSS 42160
D. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance – Councilman Popescu (In keeping with long-standing traditions of legislative invocations, this City Council meeting may include a brief, non-sectarian invocation. Such invocations are not intended to proselytize or advance any one, or to disparage any other, faith or belief. Neither the City nor the City Council endorses any particular religious belief or form of invocation.)
E. Items To Be Added Or Deleted
F. Oral Reports/Public Participation - Non-Agenda Items (Limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker)
G. Conflict of Interest Disclosure - Note agenda item that may require member abstentions due to possible conflicts of interest
H. Scheduled And Related Items
3. Announcement of the appointment of Konrad Bolowich to the position of Economic Development Director [City Manager]
I. Consent Calendar
4. Demands Register
5. Minutes of July 28, 2009 (report)
6. July 2009 Treasurer's Report (report)
7. July 2009 Fire Department Report (report)
8. Approval of a Master Cooperative Agreement (Agreement) Between Omnitrans and City Of Loma Linda for the Development of the sbX E Street Corridor Bus Rapid Transit Project (within specific public rights-of-way) in the City of Loma Linda [Community Development]. (staff report) (attachment 1) (attachment 2)
9. Accept as complete and authorize recordation of a Notice of Completion for [Public Works]
a. The Barton Road Pavement Rehabilitation Project - IPS Construction, contractor (report)
b. Loma Linda Branch Library Expansion Project - Tovey/Schultz Construction, Inc., contractor (report)
10. Agreement between the County of San Bernardino and City for transfer of Scott Canyon Basin and Lee Hill Storm Drain from County to City [Public Works] (report)
11. Council Bill #R-2009-47 - Consenting to an Amendment to Disposition Development/Affordable Housing Agreement between 10777 Poplar Street L.P. and Agency for development of affordable housing (44 apartment units) on the east side of Poplar Street, south of San Timoteo Creek [Special Counsel] (report)
12. Request from the Chamber of Commerce to close certain streets for the Community Parade scheduled for Sunday, October 18 (report)
13. Allocation of salary for Economic Development Director position [City Manager] (report)
14. Award contract for marketing campaign for EMS Fee for Service Program [Fire Dept.] (report)
15. Report regarding use of AQMD Grant Funds [City Manager] (report)
J. Old Business
16. Council Bill #O-2008-09 (Second Reading/Roll Call Vote) - Approving a Development Agreement between Sam T. Ingudomnukul and Winnie Y. Ingudomnukul and the City to assist in providing affordable housing throughout the City; Precise Plan of Design No. 09-02 which consists of demolishing the existing SFR and constructing a five (5) unit apartment complex on 0.71-acres (approximately 31,000 square-feet) located at 25441 Cole Street. [Community Development] (report)
K. New Business
L. Reports of Councilmen (This portion of the agenda provides City Council Members an opportunity to provide information relating to other boards/commissions/committees to which City Council Members have been appointed).
M. Reports Of Officers (This portion of the agenda provides Staff the opportunity to provide informational items that are of general interest as well as information that has been requested by the City Council).