CITY OF LOMA LINDA
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF SEPTEMBER 14, 2010
A regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Loma Linda is scheduled to be held Tuesday, September 14, 2010 in the City Council Chamber, 25541 Barton Road, Loma Linda, California. Pursuant to Municipal Code Section 2.08.010, study session or closed session items may begin at 5:30 p.m. or as soon thereafter as possible. The public meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
Reports and Documents relating to each agenda item are on file in the Office of the City Clerk and are available for public inspection during normal business hours. The Loma Linda Branch Library is also provided an agenda packet for your convenience. The agenda and reports are also located on the City’s Website at www.lomalinda-ca.gov.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 25541 Barton Road, Loma Linda, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.lomalinda-ca.gov subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Persons wishing to speak on an agenda item, including any closed session items, are asked to complete an information card and present it to the City Clerk prior to consideration of the item. When the item is to be considered, please step forward to the podium, the Chair will recognize you and you may offer your comments. The City Council meeting is recorded to assist in the preparation of the Minutes, and you are therefore asked to give your name and address prior to offering testimony.
The Oral Reports/Public Participation portion of the agenda pertains to items NOT on the agenda and is limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker. Pursuant to the Brown Act, no action may be taken by the City Council at this time; however, the City Council may refer your comments/concerns to staff or request that the item be placed on a future agenda.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at (909) 799-2819. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible.
Agenda item requests for the SEPTEMBER 28, 2010 meeting must be submitted in writing to the City Clerk no later than NOON, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2010
A. Call To Order
B. Roll Call
C. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance – Mayor pro tempore Popescu (In keeping with long-standing traditions of legislative invocations, this City Council meeting may include a brief, non-sectarian invocation. Such invocations are not intended to proselytize or advance any one, or to disparage any other, faith or belief. Neither the City nor the City Council endorses any particular religious belief or form of invocation.)
D. Items To Be Added Or Deleted
E. Oral Reports/Public Participation - Non-Agenda Items (Limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker)
F. Conflict of Interest Disclosure - Note agenda item that may require member abstentions due to possible conflicts of interest
G. Scheduled And Related Items
1. Presentation to Mary Lee Rosenbaum in recognition of her service to the community as a Planning Commissioner - March 1993-August 2010 [Mayor]
2. Presentation of Proclamation to Fire Department declaring September 2010 National Preparedness Month [Mayor] (REPORT)
3(a). Public Hearing regarding the proposed development of 152 senior affordable housing units on approximately 5.46 acres on the west side of Poplar Street approximately 150 feet north of Van Leuven Street in an R-3, Multiple-Family Residence Zone - TRG Pacific Development LLC [Community Development] (STAFF REPORT) (ATTACHMENTS) (Powerpoint Presentation)
a. Mitigated Negative Declaration
b. Precise Plan of Design 10-138 - Two, three-story buildings including a club house with club room, business center, library, laundry and administrative offices, three resident activity rooms on each floor, large swimming pool, gazebo, garden courtyard, community garden, walking paths.
3(b). Public Hearing regarding the proposed development of 152 senior affordable housing units on approximately 5.46 acres on the west side of Poplar Street approximately 150 feet north of Van Leuven Street in an R-3, Multiple-Family Residence Zone - Corporation For Better Housing (Continued from August 24) [Community Development] (STAFF REPORT) (ATTACHMENT) (PowerPoint Presentation)
a. Mitigated Negative Declaration
b. Precise Plan of Design 10-78 - Two, three-story buildings including a large community room/recreational area with an education facility, paved walking trails, major water feature, centrally located pavilion, resident gardening area, picnic tables/BBQ area, and sitting areas.
4. Joint Public Hearing of the City Council and Redevelopment Agency Board regarding the proposed development of 152 affordable senior housing units on the west side of Poplar Street, approximately 150 feet north of Van Leuven Street (Continued from August 24) [Special Counsel] (REPORT)
a. Council Bill #R-2010-24 – Consenting to the approval of a Disposition Development Agreement (DDA by Lease) between the Agency and 10814 Poplar Street L.P.
b. CRA Bill #R-2010-09 – Approving a Disposition Development Agreement (DDA by Lease) between the Agency and 10814 Poplar Street L.P.
I. Consent Calendar
5. Demands Register
6. Minutes of August 24, 2010 (REPORT)
7. Authorizing submittal of application for 2010 EMPG (Emergency Management Program Grant) [Fire Dept.] (REPORT)
8. Accept as complete and authorize recordation of a Notice of Completion for installation of 24" line stop and valve on Mountain View Avenue and Lawton Avenue, TK Construction, San Bernardino, contractor [Public Works] (REPORT)
9. Addendum to the General Plan Update Project Agreement for Professional Services with LSA to make final changes to the Draft Housing Element; and request for an appropriation from the General Fund Reserves [Community Development] (REPORT)
10. Agreement for Professional Services between the City and Lilburn Corporation to prepare the Environmental Documents for the Loma Linda University Medical Center Integrated Campus Plan Project [Community Development] (STAFF REPORT) (ATTACHMENTS)
11. Agreement for Professional Services between the City and Lilburn Corporation to prepare the Environmental Documents for the Loma Linda University Medical Center Heart and Surgical Hospital Annexation and Expansion Project [Community Development] (STAFF REPORT) (ATTACHMENTS)
J. Old Business
12. Historical Commission Recommendations regarding the Loma Linda University (LLU) Centennial Pathway - Pavers and Markers (Continued from August 24) [City Attorney]
K. New Business
L. Reports of Councilmen (This portion of the agenda provides City Council Members an opportunity to provide information relating to other boards/commissions/committees to which City Council Members have been appointed).
M. Reports Of Officers (This portion of the agenda provides Staff the opportunity to provide informational items that are of general interest as well as information that has been requested by the City Council).