CITY OF LOMA LINDA
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF OCTOBER 26, 2010
A regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Loma Linda is scheduled to be held Tuesday, October 26, 2010 in the City Council Chamber, 25541 Barton Road, Loma Linda, California. Pursuant to Municipal Code Section 2.08.010, study session or closed session items may begin at 5:30 p.m. or as soon thereafter as possible. The public meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
Reports and Documents relating to each agenda item are on file in the Office of the City Clerk and are available for public inspection during normal business hours. The Loma Linda Branch Library is also provided an agenda packet for your convenience. The agenda and reports are also located on the City’s Website at www.lomalinda-ca.gov.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 25541 Barton Road, Loma Linda, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.lomalinda-ca.gov subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Persons wishing to speak on an agenda item, including any closed session items, are asked to complete an information card and present it to the City Clerk prior to consideration of the item. When the item is to be considered, please step forward to the podium, the Chair will recognize you and you may offer your comments. The City Council meeting is recorded to assist in the preparation of the Minutes, and you are therefore asked to give your name and address prior to offering testimony.
The Oral Reports/Public Participation portion of the agenda pertains to items NOT on the agenda and is limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker. Pursuant to the Brown Act, no action may be taken by the City Council at this time; however, the City Council may refer your comments/concerns to staff or request that the item be placed on a future agenda.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at (909) 799-2819. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible.
Agenda item requests for the NOVEMBER 9, 2010 meeting must be submitted in writing to the City Clerk no later than NOON, MONDAY, OCTOBER 25. 2010
5:30 p.m. Ribbon cutting ceremony for perchlorate and TCE water treatment plant installed by Lockheed Martin Corporation to treat water from the Richardson 5 and Mountain View 6 Wells - SE corner of Richardson Street & Cooley Avenue, San Bernardino
A. Call To Order
B. Roll Call
C. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance – Councilman Dupper (In keeping with long-standing traditions of legislative invocations, this City Council meeting may include a brief, non-sectarian invocation. Such invocations are not intended to proselytize or advance any one, or to disparage any other, faith or belief. Neither the City nor the City Council endorses any particular religious belief or form of invocation.)
D. Items To Be Added Or Deleted
E. Oral Reports/Public Participation - Non-Agenda Items (Limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker)
F. Conflict of Interest Disclosure - Note agenda item that may require member abstentions due to possible conflicts of interest
G. Scheduled And Related Items
1. Historical Commission Report on Proposed Development Of Criteria For Marking Locations Of Buildings And/Or Sites That Have Been Demolished Or Replaced (continued from October 12, 2010) [Community Development/Chair Shipp] (POWEROPINT PRESENTATION)
2. Public Hearing - Council Bill #O-2010-02 (Introduce on First Reading/Set Second Reading for November 9) Amending and adopting the Building Code comprised of the following Codes [Community Development/Building] (REPORT)
a. 2010 California Building Code based on the 2009 International Building Code
b. 2010 California Residential Code based on the 2009 International Residential Code
c. 2010 California Green Building Standards Code
d. 2010 California Electrical Code based on the 2008 National Electrical Code
e. 2010 California Plumbing Code based on the 2009 Uniform Plumbing Code
f. 2010 California Mechanical Code based on the 2009 Uniform Mechanical Code
g. 2006 International Property Maintenance Code
3. Public Hearing - Amending and adopting the 2010 California Fire Code based on the 2009 International Fire Code [Fire Department] (REPORT)
a. Council Bill #O-2010-03 - 2010 California Fire Code (Introduce on First Reading and set the Second Reading/Adoption for November 9) (ORDINANCE)
b. Council Bill #R-2010-39 - Adopting findings relating to the adoption of the 2010 California Fire Code (NOTE: THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC HEARING BUT IS RELATED TO THE ABOVE ITEM) (RESOLUTION)
4. Public Hearing - Council Bill #O-2010-04 (Introduce on First Reading/Set Second Reading/Adoption for November 9) – Adopting the 2010 International Wildland Urban Interface Code [Fire Department] (REPORT)
H. Consent Calendar
5. Demands Register
5.1 Demands Register - LLU Vendors
6. Minutes of September 14 and 28; October 12, 2010 (REPORT)
7. September 2010 Treasurer's Report (REPORT)
8. September 2010 Fire Department Report (REPORT)
9. Accepting the perchlorate and TCE treatment plant installed by Lockheed Martin Corporation to treat water from the Richardson 5 and Mountain View 6 Wells; acceptance of $624,000 from Lockheed Martin Corporation for operating costs for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011 [Public Works] (REPORT)
10. Award contract for restroom buildings at Richardson Treatment Plant [Public Works] (REPORT)
I. Old Business
11. Council Bill #R-2010-33 - Declaring Allen Break Estate Surplus, authorizing disposition, and setting the public hearing date [City Manager] (REPORT) (POWERPOINT PRESENTATION)
J. New Business
K. Reports of Councilmen (This portion of the agenda provides City Council Members an opportunity to provide information relating to other boards/commissions/committees to which City Council Members have been appointed).
L. Reports Of Officers (This portion of the agenda provides Staff the opportunity to provide informational items that are of general interest as well as information that has been requested by the City Council).