CITY OF LOMA LINDA
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF MARCH 11, 2008
A regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Loma Linda is scheduled to be held Tuesday, March 11, 2008 in the City Council Chamber, 25541 Barton Road, Loma Linda, California. Pursuant to Municipal Code Section 2.08.010, study session or closed session items may begin at 5:30 p.m. or as soon thereafter as possible. The public meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
Reports and Documents relating to each agenda item are on file in the Office of the City Clerk and are available for public inspection during normal business hours. The Loma Linda Branch Library is also provided an agenda packet for your convenience. The agenda and reports are also located on the City’s Website at www.lomalinda-ca.gov.
Persons wishing to speak on an agenda item are asked to complete an information card and present it to the City Clerk prior to consideration of the item. When the item is to be considered, the Chair will recognize you and you may offer your comments. The City Council meeting is recorded to assist in the preparation of the Minutes, and you are therefore asked to give your name and address prior to offering testimony.
The Oral Reports/Public Participation portion of the agenda pertains to items NOT on the agenda and is limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker. Pursuant to the Brown Act, no action may be taken by the City Council at this time; however, the City Council may refer your comments/concerns to staff or request that the item be placed on a future agenda.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at (909) 799-2819. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible.
Agenda item requests for the APRIL 8, 2008 meeting must be submitted in writing to the City Clerk no later than NOON, MONDAY, MARCH 24. 2008
A. Call To Order
B. Roll Call
C. Closed Session
1. Conference with Real Property Negotiator (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Approximately five (5) acres on the east side of the Mountain View Avenue Overcrossing (APN 0292-121-54)
Negotiating Parties: Dennis R. Halloway; Christopher Lockwood representing owner Rene Jacober
Under Negotiation: Price and terms of payment.
C. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance – Mayor pro tempore Brauer (In keeping with long-standing traditions of legislative invocations, this City Council meeting may include a brief, non-sectarian invocation. Such invocations are not intended to proselytize or advance any one, or to disparage any other, faith or belief. Neither the City nor the City Council endorses any particular religious belief or form of invocation.)
D. Items To Be Added Or Deleted
E. Oral Reports/Public Participation - Non-Agenda Items (Limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker)
F. Conflict of Interest Disclosure - Note agenda item that may require member abstentions due to possible conflicts of interest
G. Scheduled And Related Items
2. Chamber of Commerce presentation of State Senate and Assembly Joint Resolution to the City Council
3. Presentation by City of San Bernardino Animal Control Director, Ken Childress on Available Services and Skunk Population Problem in Loma Linda
4. Joint Public Hearing – Approving the Disposition and Development/Affordable Housing Agreement between the Loma Linda Redevelopment Agency and Mary Erickson Community Housing pertaining to 25421 Cole Street (APN 0284-142-09) [Special Counsel] (report) (DDA)
a. CRA Bill #R-2008-02 – Approving the Affordable Housing Agreement between the Loma Linda Redevelopment Agency and Mary Erickson Community Housing
b. Council Bill #R-2008-13 - Approving the Affordable Housing Agreement between the Loma Linda Redevelopment Agency and Mary Erickson Community Housing
5. Joint Public Hearing – To consider the disposition and development of real property on the east side of Poplar Street adjacent to San Timoteo Creek, north of Van Leuven Street, conducting a public hearing pursuant to Section 147(f) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 in connection with the issuance of bonds in connection with the project and approving the issuance of Multifamily Housing Bonds in connection therewith [Special Counsel] (report) (DDA)
a. CRA Bill #R-2008-03 – Approving the Disposition and Development/Affordable Housing Agreement between the Loma Linda Redevelopment Agency and 10777 Poplar St., a California Limited Partnership for the lease and development of property known as APN 0283-141-24, -35, -36, -38, -46, -57, -58, -59, -63, -64, -67, -72 and –73 (Rental)
b. Council Bill #R-2008-14 - Approving the Disposition and Development/Affordable Housing Agreement between the Loma Linda Redevelopment Agency and 10777 Poplar St., a California Limited Partnership for the lease and development of property known as APN 0283-141-24, -35, -36, -38, -46, -57, -58, -59, -63, -64, -67, -72 and –73 (Rental)
c. CRA Bill #R-2008-04 – Intent to issue tax-exempt obligations for 10777 Poplar Street L.P. Apartments
d. Council Bill #R-2008-15 – Approving the issuance of bonds by the Agency for 10777 Poplar Street L.P. Apartments
6. Public Hearing – Council Bill #O-2008-01 (Second Reading/Roll Call Vote) - Pertaining to regulating second-hand smoke (Continued from February 26) [City Attorney] (report)
H. Consent Calendar
7. Demands Register
8. Minutes of February 26, 2008 (report)
9. Council Bill #R-2008-16 – Approving the sale of APN 0281-242-25 & 28 at the northwest corner of Mountain View Avenue and Redlands Boulevard to the Redevelopment Agency and authorizing signing of the Purchase and Sale Agreement [City Manager] (report)
10. Accept as complete and authorize recordation of a Notice of Completion for the basketball court at Hulda Crooks Park, Mission Construction, contractor [Public Works] (report)
11. Accept as complete and authorize recordation of a Notice of Completion for installation of sidewalk and fencing at various locations, Mission Construction, contractor [Public Works] (report)
12. Accept as complete and authorize recordation of a Notice of Completion for replacing the water valves at various locations, TK Construction, contractor; and authorize a supplemental appropriation for a portion of the retention costs [Public Works] (report)
13. Award contract for janitorial services for the Civic Center Complex and Corporation Yard [Public Works] (report)
14. Authorize Supplemental Appropriation of $90,000 for Engineering Inspection Services [Public Works] (report)
I. Old Business
15. Appeal of Planning Commission decision pertaining to Variance 07-02 (Continued from February 26 and to be continued to April 8) [Community Development] (report)
16. Award Franchise for refuse services (Continued from February 26 and to be continued to April 8) [Public Works] (report)
J. New Business
K. Reports of Committees/Commissions
17. Historical Commission Report Regarding the Results of the Loma Linda Parks And Historical Society’s Heritage Park Survey (report)
L. Reports of Councilmen (This portion of the agenda provides City Council Members an opportunity to provide information relating to other boards/commissions/committees to which City Council Members have been appointed).
M. Reports Of Officers (This portion of the agenda provides Staff the opportunity to provide informational items that are of general interest as well as information that has been requested by the City Council).