CITY OF LOMA LINDA
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF APRIL 8, 2008
A regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Loma Linda is scheduled to be held Tuesday, April 8, 2008 in the City Council Chamber, 25541 Barton Road, Loma Linda, California. Pursuant to Municipal Code Section 2.08.010, study session or closed session items may begin at 5:30 p.m. or as soon thereafter as possible. The public meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
Reports and Documents relating to each agenda item are on file in the Office of the City Clerk and are available for public inspection during normal business hours. The Loma Linda Branch Library is also provided an agenda packet for your convenience. The agenda and reports are also located on the City’s Website at www.lomalinda-ca.gov.
Persons wishing to speak on an agenda item are asked to complete an information card and present it to the City Clerk prior to consideration of the item. When the item is to be considered, the Chair will recognize you and you may offer your comments. The City Council meeting is recorded to assist in the preparation of the Minutes, and you are therefore asked to give your name and address prior to offering testimony.
The Oral Reports/Public Participation portion of the agenda pertains to items NOT on the agenda and is limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker. Pursuant to the Brown Act, no action may be taken by the City Council at this time; however, the City Council may refer your comments/concerns to staff or request that the item be placed on a future agenda.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at (909) 799-2819. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible.
A recess may be called at the discretion of the City Council.
Agenda item requests for the MAY 13, 2008 meeting must be submitted in writing to the City Clerk no later than NOON, MONDAY, APRIL 28, 2008
A. Call To Order
B. Roll Call
C. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance – Councilman Petersen (In keeping with long-standing traditions of legislative invocations, this City Council meeting may include a brief, non-sectarian invocation. Such invocations are not intended to proselytize or advance any one, or to disparage any other, faith or belief. Neither the City nor the City Council endorses any particular religious belief or form of invocation.)
D. Items To Be Added Or Deleted
E. Oral Reports/Public Participation - Non-Agenda Items (Limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker)
F. Conflict of Interest Disclosure - Note agenda item that may require member abstentions due to possible conflicts of interest
G. Scheduled And Related Items
1. Presentations by:
a. Loma Linda Little League
2. Proclamations: (report)
a. Declaring April 2008 as Child Abuse Prevention Month [Mayor]
b. Declaring May 11-17 Blue Ribbon Week in recognition and support of all peace officers and law enforcement agencies [Mayor]
3. Presentation by SANBAG pertaining to the San Bernardino to Redlands Rail Project
4. Public Hearing - Council Bill #O-2008-02 (Second Reading/Roll Call Vote) – Authorizing an amendment to the agreement between PERS and the City to provide 3% at 55 for local safety members [City Manager] (report)
5. Public Hearing – Draft Housing Element (General Plan Revision Project) A revision of the July 25, 2006 Housing Element incorporating the provisions of Measure V and providing housing programs through 2014 [Community Development] (report)
6. Public Hearing – Council Bill #R-2008-17 - Establishing Development Impact Fees for the Circulation System and repealing Resolution No. 2483 [Public Works] (report)
H. Consent Calendar
7. Demands Register
8. Minutes of March 11, 2008 (report)
9. February 2008 Treasurer’s Report (report)
10. February 2008 Fire Department Report (report)
11. Award contract for paving Mt. View Well No. 3 site [Public Works] (report)
12. Award contract for removal and replacement of existing water service laterals and water meters at various locations [Public Works] (report)
13. Award contract for widening of the Mt. View Overcrossing [Public Works] (report)
I. Old Business
14. Appeal No. 08-01 (Magro) – appeal of Planning Commission’s decision to deny Variance No.07-02, a request to add a maximum of three feet of tubular fencing, 64 feet in length, atop an existing block wall at the rear of the single family home at 26290 Windsor Drive (Continued from March 11) [Community Development] (report)
15. Contract for waste hauling (TO BE CONTINUED TO MAY 13) [Public Works] (report)
J. New Business
K. Reports of Councilmen (This portion of the agenda provides City Council Members an opportunity to provide information relating to other boards/commissions/committees to which City Council Members have been appointed).
L. Reports Of Officers (This portion of the agenda provides Staff the opportunity to provide informational items that are of general interest as well as information that has been requested by the City Council).
M. Adjournment – in memory of Marjorie Ziprick, mother of Councilman Robert Ziprick