CITY OF LOMA LINDA
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF JUNE 24, 2008
A regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Loma Linda is scheduled to be held Tuesday, June 24, 2008 in the City Council Chamber, 25541 Barton Road, Loma Linda, California. Pursuant to Municipal Code Section 2.08.010, study session or closed session items may begin at 5:30 p.m. or as soon thereafter as possible. The public meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
Reports and Documents relating to each agenda item are on file in the Office of the City Clerk and are available for public inspection during normal business hours. The Loma Linda Branch Library is also provided an agenda packet for your convenience. The agenda and reports are also located on the City’s Website at www.lomalinda-ca.gov.
Persons wishing to speak on an agenda item are asked to complete an information card and present it to the City Clerk prior to consideration of the item. When the item is to be considered, the Chair will recognize you and you may offer your comments. The City Council meeting is recorded to assist in the preparation of the Minutes, and you are therefore asked to give your name and address prior to offering testimony.
The Oral Reports/Public Participation portion of the agenda pertains to items NOT on the agenda and is limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker. Pursuant to the Brown Act, no action may be taken by the City Council at this time; however, the City Council may refer your comments/concerns to staff or request that the item be placed on a future agenda.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at (909) 799-2819. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible.
A recess may be called at the discretion of the City Council.
Agenda item requests for the JULY 22, 2008 meeting must be submitted in writing to the City Clerk no later than NOON, MONDAY, JULY 7. 2008
5:00 p.m. TREE DEDICATION IN MEMORY OF FORMER COUNCILWOMAN/MAYOR ARDYCE H. KOOBS – LEONARD BAILEY PARK
A. Call To Order
B. Roll Call
C. Closed Session and/or Workshop Items (6:30 p.m.)
1. Conference with Real Property Negotiator (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: 587.16 acres south of Beaumont Road (APN 0294-011-24, 26, 28, 30, 31 & 32; 0294-021-19, 20, & 21)
Negotiating Parties: Dennis R. Halloway, representatives of Deer Park, LLC; Mission Development Co., LLC; Maxwell Street, LLC; and Miller
Under Negotiation: Price and terms of payment
D. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance – Mayor Christman (In keeping with long-standing traditions of legislative invocations, this City Council meeting may include a brief, non-sectarian invocation. Such invocations are not intended to proselytize or advance any one, or to disparage any other, faith or belief. Neither the City nor the City Council endorses any particular religious belief or form of invocation.)
E. Items To Be Added Or Deleted
F. Oral Reports/Public Participation - Non-Agenda Items (Limited to 30 minutes; 3 minutes allotted for each speaker)
G. Conflict of Interest Disclosure - Note agenda item that may require member abstentions due to possible conflicts of interest
H. Scheduled And Related Items
2. Public Hearing - Council Bill #R-2008-34 – Approving Annexation No. 73 to Landscape Maintenance District No. 1 and ordering levying of assessments pursuant to the Engineer’s Report (Fresh & Easy Market, northwest corner of Redlands Boulevard and Mt. View Avenue) [Public Works] (report)
I. Consent Calendar
3. Demands Register
4. Minutes of May 27, June 10, and June 17, 2008 (report)
5. May 2008 Treasurer’s Report (report)
6. May 2008 Fire Department Report (report)
7. Accept off-site improvements and release bonds related to Tract 15422 – Richmond American (Park Lane at the northeast corner of Whittier Avenue and First Street) [Public Works] (report)
8. Accept landscape median improvements and street lights along Mission Road for Tract 16730 (KB Homes at the south side of Mission Road, east of Pepper Way and the Edison Easement) [Public Works] (report)
9. Award of contract for Storm Drain Improvements at Campus Street Crossing Union Pacific Railroad Tracks [Public Works] (report)
10. Award of contract for street sweeping services [Public Works] (report)
11. Council Bill #R-2008-35 – Final approval of Parcel Map No. 18902 (northwest corner of Redlands Boulevard and Mt. View Avenue) [Public Works] (report)
12. Council Bill #R-2008-36 – Consenting to the Agency’s purchase of 25639 Prospect Avenue [City Clerk] (report)
J. Old Business
13. Council Bill #O-2008-01 (Second Reading/Roll Call Vote) - Pertaining to regulating second-hand smoke [City Attorney] (report) (letters)
14. Approve contract to purchase 587.16 acres south of Beaumont Road (APN 0294-011-24, 26, 28, 30, 31 & 32; 0294-021-19, 20, & 21) [City Attorney]
K. New Business
15. Appoint Janice Manahl to the Trails Development Committee (report)
16. Discussion pertaining to placing a City Council Initiative on the November 4, 2008 ballot to designate City-owned open space in the South Hills Preserve as permanent open space [Councilman Ziprick]
L. Reports of Councilmen (This portion of the agenda provides City Council Members an opportunity to provide information relating to other boards/commissions/committees to which City Council Members have been appointed).
M. Reports Of Officers (This portion of the agenda provides Staff the opportunity to provide informational items that are of general interest as well as information that has been requested by the City Council).